Tuesday, June 5, 2007

fine, we didn't feel like swimming anyway

The weekend wasn't blog worthy. That's what I choose to believe since I spent 3 days driving back and forth to a nearby conference. Let's just assume none of us missed anything good.

With my brain successfully topped off again, today I planned an outing to a small water park that Danielle discovered recently. Apparently there are some areas for smaller kids with some shallow water to wade and play in, so we persuaded Lisa and Quinton to try it with us. I checked the website and it doesn't say anything special about the schedule today but when we made the long drive there this morning we found out that they were closed for the day, just for today. Open as usual the rest of the week and the rest of the summer. Gee, thanks.

Maybe when I have an idea to venture with the kids this far away from home I should have a plan B. Or maybe I should be taking advantage of the fact that the girls are probably still young enough to convince that a "cool water park" consists of a garden hose and a tarp on the grass in our backyard and avoid such hassles.

"I wanna go in!"
"I wanna go swimming!"
"I see a BIG slide in the water! I wanna slide down that!"

Dammit. Since we were in that general direction we decided that a detour to the little kiddie amusement park, which the girls love and we have season passes to, would get them all to forget this failed water park idea. And yes, it was open but since schools are still in session there were very, very few people there and we had no wait for any of the rides.



All the cowgirls loved the carousel, as usual. Quinton took Erin for a wild, spinning ride.



Everyone loves driving, that's Allison two cars behind Kate. On those bigger cars I let Allison be my personal chauffeur.

As it turned out, we had a really great day at the park, and since it was mostly overcast today it probably made for a better activity than swimming anyway. The kids behaved well, played together, ate well, passed out in the car on the way home. We plan to try for the water park again next week, weather permitting. Unless I find a plastic tarp for the lawn first.

No comments: