Thursday, October 2, 2008

birthday girl

Erin's 6th birthday fell on a school day (and work day for me). Her class sang to her and I brought treats for her and all of the other kids to her after-school program. That night after dinner we enjoyed the cake I made the night before, to Erin's specifications (a round chocolate/vanilla marble cake with light green frosting). Yes ma'am.





Erin's combo party with her sisters got cancelled with Kate's broken arm and I offered to schedule something else for her, while John offered that we do some special birthday surprises while on our Disneyland vacation the week after her birthday. She chose the Disneyland option. More on that in the near future...

She also opened some presents from Grandma Jan and from daddy and me, including a new piggy bank to keep that tooth money in.

No comments: