Thursday, October 13, 2011

allisonisms

All previously posted on Facebook:

Allison is singing this over and over. I asked where she heard this and she said she made up yhe second half....
Happy Birthday to you,
You're a hundred and two,
You still go to preschool and you want your mom,
But you're mom is at work,
She fired a jerk,
Then hired a monkey who ate your homework.


Allison had a substitute today...Ms. Vogel. She told me she corrected her pronunciation of her name (in German you pronounce it Fogel) and then kept calling her "Ms. Bird" and laughing all day, which is what Vogel translates to. Somehow I think I owe the poor lady a beer.

As Erin and I approached the twins they started shouting, "Code red! Code red!"
Erin: What? Code red is what the teachers are supposed to say if a bad guy gets into the school.
Allison: that's also what you say when mamma is coming and we don't want her to hear the bad words in the song we just made up.


Me: "Your blonde hair is really pretty."
Allison: "You have pretty blonde hair too, until it turns grey, which is going to happen really soon I think."


Allison: "When daddy dies I want his big car."
Kate: "I want his convertible."
Me: "Hey, that's really not a nice way to talk about daddy."
Allison: "Okay, I take it back. I'll be too busy with my [car that bakes pies while you drive] invention anyway."
Kate: "I still want the convertible."


Erin: "Allison, what are you going to be when you grow up?"
Allison: "i'm going to make that car that bakes pies while you drive, remember?"
Erin: "Oh yeah. Kate, what are you going to be?"
Kate: "I don't know."
Allison: "Well I know! I need an assistant with all of my pie-car work so you're going to help me."


While driving by the high school:
Allison: "Hey, it's after 5:00, what are those kids still outside for?"
Me: "Maybe they had sports practice after school, or band or newspaper or something."
Allison: "But there is no after-school care there."
Me: "Right. High school kids are big enough to go home alone and do their homework."
Allison: "And when they're done they can eat a snack and download inappropriate things on the computer."

No comments: