Monday, November 15, 2010

late halloween

I'm having technical difficulties. I've been battling with my new camera for months. First, I didn't RTFM. I thought I could figure it out on my own and that didn't work out so well so I did finally sit down and RTFM but my camera hasn't worked any better.

I made two phone calls to Canon's technical support center and got some good advice, I thought. I was all "wow, so THAT'S what I've been doing wrong" and immediately incorporated their advice and felt relieved, only to have the same problems. I can take mostly okay pictures outside, in good light, if no one is moving very much, which is a great set of restrictions for shooting pictures of kids. But I get even worse results--terrible, really, more often than not when taken inside or outside in lower light. There are so many occasions where every photo I took is just a blurry mess and now those moments are gone, and I have less I feel like sharing here. Actually when it comes to photos lately there isn't much I've felt like doing besides throwing my camera against a brick wall.

My third phone call to technical support resulted in suggestion that I send my camera to Virginia for Canon to work on for several weeks. Great. But back to life at home...

The girls each knew exactly what they wanted to be for Halloween and so when we walked into my friend's costume store they each found what they wanted, tried it on, and we were done in like 10 minutes. A new record. Kate is Cinderella, Allison a candy corn witch, and Erin is Hermione Granger, Harry Potter's female sidekick.

The first Halloween event was a parade at school one day. The kids lined up by villages and did a parade around the playground, which I took many photos of, including some of the kids with their teachers, but those "action" shots didn't turn out at all.





On Halloween weekend mom and Peter stopped by since they were in LA on other business, and as usual mom got the girls busy making desserts.



We also had some pumpkin carving to do.



Then on Halloween itself Uncle Brad came by and visited for a while in the afternoon.

After dinner and as the darkness began to creep in the girls took some final photos with Grandma Jan before she and Peter left for the airport and we set out trick-or-treating.



No comments: