Friday, July 2, 2010

half way

Time flies, especially when summer break is so short. In another couple days we'll be at the half way point, and we've been busy.

Allison continues to insist that dancing involves "too much standing", but Kate and Erin really love it.



And despite my long-winded lament last summer about swim lessons, my kids are back in the water. We're not exactly in a swim school this time though. I searched around the web for different options and I decided to give this woman a try, who teaches from her own backyard pool. She has all the whatchamacallit certifications and also teaches life guarding to older kids and adults, all from her pool at home. She spends time with each child one-on-one and sometimes she has Kate and Allison swim with her together.

So she seems to be nice and qualified and whatever, but I wondered if we were going to end up in the usual place via this more unconventional path: a lighter wallet and 3 non-swimmers to show for it.






It's been about 5 weeks of lessons and the girls love the water and the teacher and the class and the whole thing, as they have before, but I can't say I'm seeing any real results yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get rid of the flotation device!